Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Brad-a-muffin!

He will officially stop talking to me as soon as he reads this title!  That hilarious nickname evolved when we were engaged: Brad kept calling me "Babe-raham Lincoln," which I thought sounded stupid.  I got my then-roommate, Rachel Clay to help me come up with an even dumber nickname, and fortunately she's creative enough to deliver one that's stuck around for almost 6 years!  I think "Bradamuffin" had almost been fazed out, until 2 years ago when I accidentally said it in front of a kid from church.  Thanks to Griffin, everyone around here has heard it or used it in some context.  Haha!  :)
My sweet husband turned 30 today, can you believe it?  Last month, when there was a lot of "what do you want for your birthday" talk, he made it seem like 30 sounded and felt old... now that it's here he acts like it's not.  I don't think it is at all!  I will be 29 in October, and I still feel so young!  Don't get me wrong: we still act old... We are usually in bed between 9 and 10.  When people call one of us after 9 we say "who calls this late?!?!?"  If someone just shows up unannounced, we wonder what's going on like an old person would.  Yes, we're like a couple of 80 year olds... oh well.  We like it that way!
Brad is quickly getting the hang of this fatherhood thing.  He loves to get Addie up in the morning or from naps and play with her until he has to go to work.  It's so sweet to see them together.  She's starting to follow us with her eyes across the room, and it's so precious. 
Happy birthday, old man.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!!! Shay is loving Babe-raham Lincoln! Oh how we miss the Gowings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think either one of us would EVER let brad-a-muffin die! It's really the only thing I have...I don't know what I'll do if he ever truly becomes ok with being called that.

    ReplyDelete