Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Pot and a Spoon...

It's amazing how much energy it takes to entertain a 9 month old.... It's also amazing how little it takes to entertain a 9 month old. 
This is Addison this morning.  Today has been a great day - no fussing, good napping, good eating.  Last week was slightly rough.  We had some separation anxiety (on her part, which of course causes it on Mommy's part), and two days of no napping, and I was working on cutting out one of our nursing times.  And that second tooth was still giving us fits. 
One afternoon she was inconsolable - not crying but really whiny.  After every toy had been played with and I had made every silly noise and face I could think of, I got out this little pot and a big spoon.  Addie was as happy as can be and totally emersed in making music long enough for me to go to the bathroom and cook dinner.  Phew!  After days of listening to the 5 o'clock whine, how did I not think of this sooner???  Since then, I've kept it hidden and pulled it out only when I needed a quick distraction for her.
Some other things she loves: the pantry.  The dishwasher.
The front yard.  Check out the drool.

A good stroller ride.  (She does not, by the way, like the sunglasses.  She's only still wearing them in this picture because I distracted her with her "purse."  That thing is a lifesaver.  And a nuisance.)


Rosco.  ("Mom, why can't he come inside???)


Toast.  That's right: our gal is eating toast.  This one 1/3 slice took her 30 minutes to eat this morning, but she loved it.  By the way: how much does she look like her Daddy in this picture?

The park.  Our friends Henry and Clayton.


On a slightly different note, I am constantly thankful to have good friends around with kids Addison's age.  The boys above are one month and one day older than her.  We have another set of twin-friends two weeks younger than her.  Several friends have kids about 6 months older.  It's been so fun to see them all grow and do new things together!  Also, my friends who are quick to listen to a whine from me, or give advice when I need it - and withhold advice with I can't handle any more info.  The families in our youth group who love Brad like he's one of their kids, and let him/us love on their kids in the same way.  We've been blessed beyond measure here in Pensacola. 
Oh, and I have plenty of pots to go around.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment