Sunday, March 27, 2011

Comings and Goings

Good grief! You'd think finding 15 minutes in a week (or two... or three) to update this thing would still be simple!  Alas, it is not.  Addison is crawling like crazy, getting into everything, and trying to walk.  WHAT?!?  Is she old enough for this?  Am I?  Needlesstosay, time at home gets busier and busier every day!  We've had a lot of other things going on, too, though...

Britton and boys
Brad's sister brought her 4 boys (yes four, yes all boys - always a blast) up for their spring break and Addison and I got to spend some time with them.  They were crazy - all over the place!  Will is six and read to us the first chapter of Genesis.  Matt is four and talked my ear off in the car once we got rid of all the other boys.  Ben is almost three and still calls me "My-yee," and loves on Addie so sweetly.  Jake is five months old and as big as Addison.  She was crawling only backwards before they came, and now suddenly moves forwards like she's a professional.  We had so much fun I didn't even take time to take pictures!

"In my mind I'm goin' to Carolina"
Addison and I flew to see my parents last week.  My sister Malia is 6 months pregnant and doing great; she joined us.  My baby brother Drew came up to surprise us, too.  It was lots of fun.  Addie was not spoiled at all (haha), and she saw all sorts of new things.  She's a great traveler.
Back at the home front
We've lost any hint of a schedule: naps are crazy, she's hungry at weird times, and she hasn't slept through the night in a week!  I think she's cutting her second tooth, which makes her a bit crabby.  She's still exploring all sorts of things though:


Yesterday we tried out the beach for the first time.  The other kiddos we were with seemed to like it but apparently Addison did not feel good: she had a scowl on her face the whole time!  Check out our sweet budda-belly though:

We're home today from church with a cough and runny nose.  Gal has still managed to get into a few things, though:

As I've stated before, she loves bags.  I hope you have a week of cleaner floors, drool-free windows, and a kid who's not a pick pocket (notice above that the only thing she pulled out was my wallet?)... I will have none of those, haha. 

1 comment: