Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clicker Hogs

That's right: I live with two clicker hogs.  Brad has been one for years.  He denies it, of course, but he is.  He can't let up!  If I put the TV on a channel he wants to watch, Brad still comes looking for the remote control, or "clicker."  Addison is quickly turning into her daddy's girl...
Can you see the clicker on the chair?  I turned around for a minute and she had it.  I am still kind of shocked that she's tall enough to reach over the arm of the chair like that; I feel like she's grown several inches in the last few days!  A few minutes after I snapped this picture (after I snuck the clicker away from her), she was using her walker-toy and pinched her sweet finger in it.  It was the saddest cry I've ever heard!  I got her little fingers un-snuck, and loved on her for a few minutes, kissing her sweet, purple fingers and trying to get her smiling again.  What finally worked was handing her the clicker.  Am I a sucker or what?

Sleeping on the job...
Addie hates to nap at school.  It's not like she just loves to nap at home... she just hates to miss even a second of the "action."  Even if every other kiddo in her class is asleep, the lights are off, and nothing's happening, chances are good that she's going to fight sleep.  Monday, however, was a new one: she fell asleep, but not during "naptime."  Instead she fussed and fritzed around until lunch time, then passed out in the high chair, mid-juju, and slept for almost 30 minutes.  How ridiculous!  How cute!  Her teacher came running to get me, and we snapped this quick pic:

By the way: "jujus" are the word we use for puffs/cheerios.  (Not Addison, but us grown-ups.)  Brad brought the nickname with us from Dothan, where our sweet friend Mary Selwyn - now three years old - used to call every kind of snack a "juju."  Brad actually thought the real name for puffs was "juju."  The name stuck, and probably will for a while.  We're hoping for a visit from Mary Selwyn and her sweet sister and mama next month.  I'm sure those "big girls" will teach Addie a few more things that'll stick with the Gowings.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment