Saturday, December 11, 2010

3rd Annual Cookie Swap

Well today Addison and I hosted our Cookie Swap - my 3rd, her 1st.  Addison genuinely loves anything where people are around, so she had a ball.  (Lots of people holding her and telling her she was cute - I think we have a Priss Pot on our hands!  We'll have to work on that later.)  We had 11 adults, 7 kids, and a ton of sweets!  Several of our friends could not make it, and we missed them, but hopefully they can make it next year. 

Brad's not a fan of Addison & Henry here 

I love having this little get-together for my friends every year... really I love just getting together and having time to sit around and talk.  The good food is a bonus.  I do love hosting it too!  I love pulling out all my Christmas stuff to serve on, wrapping my cabinets like Christmas presents, and baking some yummy snacks for us to munch on.  If you love the TV show "Friends" like I do, picture Monica here, dreamily saying, "I am always the hostess."  I'm not always the hostess, and that's good, but I enjoy it when I am.  I didn't really do a very good job this year with this: I didn't describe the "swap" part of the party on the evite; I didn't tell people how many cookies to bring, and I forgot to have people bring copies of their recipes!  (I'm exceptionally bummed about this last part, because I want to know how to make some of these, and now I can't remember who brought what to ask!)  Here are some pictures of the kids... we forgot before some people left, and then had a hard time getting everyone on the couch together.  Oh well.
Reese, Clayton, Henry, and Addison

Emma & Savannah

I think it looks like Addison is seriously considering something Reese is explaining

  My new hobby (sort of) has been sewing.  I've had a sewing table set up in our den for two months, working on various projects.  A dress, a onesie with a Christmas tree on it, a few bows, etc.  None of them are fantastic, but I've enjoyed playing around.  Brad keeps reminding me that I can find "those things" at a store, but it has been fun!  This dress here was my first "big project," and while I was working on the sleeves I guess the word fun didn't really come to mind.  It turned out pretty cute though.  When I was confused about a couple of aspects of the pattern, I kept picturing that "Saved by the Bell" episode where they sew clothes for Lisa, and someone (maybe Kelly?) sews herself into a sleeve.  That's an oldie but a goodie. 

Addison and I have been singing and dancing to all sorts of Christmas carols lately.  She seems to like them, but then she likes any kind of music.  It's putting me in the Christmas spirit, though.  I bought my last present today, and mailed my cards yesterday, so all that's left is to enjoy this special time of year!

I hope whenever you're reading this, and whatever you're doing, you're having a fantastic day, and a Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. I love the dress! I think it looks great. Pretty cute model too!

    ReplyDelete